Temporary sealing caps
Temporary sealing caps
- Temporary sealing caps prevent from ingress of water and dirt of any kind by their rubber seal and firm hold.
- Our temporary sealing caps comply with DIN EN 50411-2-8 for microducts and the material recommendation of the German Federal Government.
- In the event of construction interruptions and storage, the microduct bundle can be protected immediately and with very little effort by simply twisting on a temporary sealing cap.
- The sealing cap retains its full function for up to 5 uses when properly cleaned and installed.
- Our temporary sealing cap is thus the most cost-effective solution for professional sealing during the storage and construction phase of a microduct network for fiber optic cable.
Please select the desired product variant.
- 50 pieces / 1 PU
The next discount levels
- at 100 pieces / 2 PU
In the case of cut and thus open microduct bundles, water, sand or any other type of contamination will penetrate during laying. This leads to considerable additional work when the fiber optic cable is later blown in, up to and including the unusability of the microducts. Often used temporary solutions, such as adhesive tapes or shrink caps, are unsuitable means here. These can neither seal the pipe joint tightly, nor are they durable in the long term.
Our sealing caps prevent from ingress of water and dirt of any kind by their rubber seal and firm hold. In case of construction interruptions, the microduct bundle can be protected immediately and with very little effort by simply twisting on a temporary sealing cap. The sealing cap retains its full function for up to 5 uses when properly cleaned and installed.
We use different colors for the corresponding sizes of microduct bundles for safe assignment during application. The products have proven themselves thousands of times as a safe and fast method of application.
Combination sets of permanent and temporary sealing caps are available on request.
Patented by Elitex GmbH, EP Patent No. 13153451.3
- Our temporary sealing caps are dust- and media-tight according to ingress protection code IP68, complete immersion up to 15 days
- Internal pressure tight (gas and water) up to 0.5 bar
- Reusable for many years
- High impact resistant
- UV and weather resistant
- Easy to handle due to self-tapping thread on central mandrel
- Different color coding for better assignment
- Sealing for storage and installation aid in underground feed through of microduct bundel.
- Operating temperature from -40° C to + 60° C